Spinach Banchan


One of my favourite side dishes at a Korean restaurant is the Spinach.  I can never get enough.  So it's about time I try it at home since it is not just me who like it.  I tried the Spinach banchan on Maangchi and the whole family loved it.  I normally double or triple this recipe.

Spinach Banchan
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
8 ounces spinach, cleaned and washed
1 garlic clove, minced
1 green onion, chopped
1½ teaspoon soy sauce
1½ teaspoon sesame oil
2 teaspoon sesame seeds

Directions:
1)  Boil 8 to 10 cups of water in a large pot. 
2)  Blanch the spinach for 30 seconds to 1 minute with lid off, stirring with a wooden spoon. 3)  Strain the spinach and rinse in cold water a couple of times to remove any residual dirt. 4)  Squeeze out excess water and cut a few times into bite size pieces. 
5)  Mix the spinach with garlic, green onion, soy sauce, sesame oil, and sesame seeds in a mixing bowl by hand. 
6)  Transfer to a bowl or plate.

Comments