Chicken Parmesan

Chicken Parmesan plated 400

When I saw this Chicken Parmesan recipe on the CBC website, I knew right away the rest of the family would love it if it was good.  I don't know who Stefano is but I have to say this is the first and only Chicken Parmesan recipe I have tried.  I have done this recipe many times including to serve to our guests.

Chicken Parmesan in skillet 400

I always cook extra as it makes for excellent leftovers the next day.

Chicken Parmesan ready for baking 400

The only variation I have tried is with the bread crumbs.  Sometimes I use one that includes Romano cheese.

Chicken Parmesan baked 400

Chicken Parmesan
Printable Recipe
Yields 4 servings

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups plain bread crumbs
1/2 to 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, for coating chicken
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup flour
2 eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
tomato sauce
1 cup grated or sliced Mozzarella cheese, for topping
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, for topping

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Prepare a breading station by arranging 3 shallow bowls or pie plates with the following:  flour in the first, beaten eggs in the second, and bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and garlic in the third.
3) Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken first in flour then egg mixture and lastly, the bread crumb mixture.
4) Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add oil. When oil is hot, add chicken and cook until golden brown on each side, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
5) Transfer chicken to baking tray. Top each with a spoonful of tomato sauce, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes, depending on thickness.
6) Serve with pasta.

Comments